Thursday 30 September 2010

Bug's Life

I’ve never wanted to be an urban model; I lack in the self confident department and I definitely lack the urban body department, but all of that is going to change thanks to a guy I like to call Bug’s Life.
I don’t exactly know what Bug’s Life job entails, but from talking to his now ex girlfriend Little Bits he works in the urban world. He helps make music video for British rappers like N-Dubz, Ghetts and Tinchy Stryder, interviewing and finding urban models for photo shoots, music video’s and promotion work.
One day I was talking to Little Bits and she was say Bug’s Life need girls to promote a new jean collection which is meant to define the booty. (So you need a bum for this job) I don’t have the biggest bum in the world but I don’t have the smallest one either, I told Little Bits to put my name forward. Me being me forgot about this till I went on his Facebook and saw some girls modeling jeans (for the record I can safely say my bum was bigger and nicely shaped then some of these models)
I called Little Bits and asked how comes I never got it, she laughed down the phone and told me Bug’s Life said my butt was to small and I was to skinny, we both laughed about it and I thought nothing more off it.
A few moths later I saw on Bug’s Life Facebook he wanted models for a music video; I thought it would be fun and once again I told my Little Bits to put my name forward. I forgot all about it until I saw the music video and noticed every girl was either white or light skinned. When I asked Little Bits she told me Bug’s Life said I was to dark and I’m to dark to become an urban glamour model. I hit the roof, okay he said my butt was small, that didn’t bother me but telling me I’m to dark is 
BANG RIGHT OUT OFF ORDER.
Black people have been discriminated most of there lives because off our skin colour. We have been giver names, looked down upon and have a bad stereotype; so for some boy to tell me I’m to dark to become an urban model is dame right ridiculous, URBAN IS BLACK. 

No comments: